Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Downhill slide

I think we have just about made it through the worst that a South Texas oilfield summer has to offer. The triple digit temperatures are soon to end giving us some much needed relief and also giving the air conditioners a break.

We are going to try again in a few weeks at taking a few days off for some much needed R&R.  While we aren't exactly sure where we are going or what we are doing, I'm pretty sure we are going to stay somewhere in South Texas. Going for 9 months without any significant time off together is grueling, not to mention frustrating.

 I recently tried to make my own sourdough starter from scratch and to my surprise, I managed to succeed on my very first try. The recipe I used was a very simple one only requiring equal parts water and flour and then hoping to capture some wild yeast from the air.  As of this writing, my sourdough is five days old and maturing nicely, it should be ready to use in just a few days after I bulk it up a little more. I'll be sure to post how our first attempt at bread works out.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome as long as they are topical and aren't spam.