Friday, August 3, 2012

Food and other happenings

I have been trying to post for the last few days with no success.  Our internet access has been a little spotty again, I may have to upgrade to a directional antenna for the Wilson Cell Booster.  I have to say that I am more than impressed with its performance thus far considering the nearest sprint tower is about 30 miles away.

I mentioned in a previous post about the food being delivered to the site for the "frack" crew.  The meals we received were absolutely amazing. In addition to the bbq pork chops and chicken & sausage we were blessed with steak, meatloaf, hamburgers and crawfish ettoufle(sp).  That doesn't include the bbq sandwich that was given to me by one of the vendors.  While we only had catering in once a day there are gates that see them multiple times a day.  The amount of food contained in these meals was plentiful and quality was excellent.   I can't imagine what the guards that have catering come through more than once a day do with all that food.

I finally talked Toie into getting one of those "Magic Bullet" blenders that you see on tv.  Its great, its small size makes it a cinch to store and its power requirements are small at 250 watts so it can be easily run off of a 400 watt inverter.  While not suited for any "heavy" blending, it does exactly what they advertise.

We had a casualty yesterday when we had a dust devil collide with our easy-up that was next to the rv. Other than the easy up frame being destroyed and a small dent in the side of the rv there was no damage.  I did have to get up on the roof to disentangle a few extension cords that had wrapped themselves around the refridgerator vent.  Toie is much more upset over it than I am, my reasoning being that I would much prefer to have a 99 dollar easy up destroyed by the wind than a 500 dollar awning that would have caused some real damage had it flipped over the rv.

We have had temperatures in the triple digits over the past few days so I have been going inside at about 2pm and just listening for the bell until about 7:30 and then coming back outside to stay.  The evenings here are just wonderful, we have had a gentle breeze most evenings and it makes it so pleasant to just sit outside.

Yesterday during my shift and not long after the easy up was destroyed I had the pleasure of seeing the ugliest cow i have ever seen.  There is a pasture that is right behind the rv and  I  walked around to open the dump valve and was quite surprised to find some cattle so close to us.  I have seen them in the adjoining pastures but never behind the rv.

I'm gonna post this before I lose it again...


Have a GREAT day!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Bryan. I am a gate guard that works south of Catarina, Tx. Brush country, lots of wind. I empathized with you and your ez up blowing away! I have solved my problem wth them blowing away by driving a T-Post close to each leg and twisting baling wire so that each leg is tied to a t post. My booth has stood up to 50mph gusts that we have around here. I enjoy the myoldrv forum also. I treat it like the Sunday paper. I read all the new topics on Sunday morning and get caught up for the whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howieeee Bryan, I too really enjoy your blog. As my husband and I are making our way toward the GG life/job... with the end being to finance a newer RV and future travels. I read yours and other GG blogs as a way of educating us so hopefully once we finally get there, we will be fully equiped .. at least in mind if not entirely physically. Please keep up the blogging and we will surely continue to read. Thanks...more pics please...I can only imagine the COW LOL

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome as long as they are topical and aren't spam.