Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Big Floppy Hat Club

It's official, I've applied, paid my dues and joined the "Big Floppy Hat Club" After being out here a few days I quickly realized that since I take the bulk of the day shift, I was getting fried by the sun. Since I'm not one that likes to go from the heat to the a/c repeatedly, I spend most of the time out of doors and if I'm lucky, under the awning. See now, I said "under the awning" and the wind immediately picked up to the point that I may have to store it way for a bit.
I had to lower the antennas yesterday when the wind came up, adding the small TV antenna to the upper mast really increased the sway in the wind and everything is performing about the same at the lower height.
Internet access has been a little spotty. I thought I was getting a little rfi off of the light plant but I'm not so sure at the moment. Its 5am, the lights are on and I have access
Toie ran into Jourdanton yesterday to stock us up a little on fresh fruits and to do a little laundry. Everything is very expensive in Tilden and since the larger city is reasonably close at about 30 miles away and prices are a little better it just makes sense. Besides, she can get her Whataburger fix that way(the whole time we were in Iowa she wished they would open one close to us).

I'll post more later, its getting busy.

Have a great day

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bryan, also a big hello to Toie and Moe.
    Have read every post and this is prob 2nd comment. Your doing a great job. If you like to follow my blog you can find it here...

    http://camper4life-here-there-everywhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome as long as they are topical and aren't spam.