Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pulling Out

We received our drivers licenses today and guess what?  We are finally leaving on Monday.  Everything over the last few months has led up to this moment, and I have to admit I have a slight case of the jitters.  Yesterday I finished securing the generator to rear deck and tomorrow I will pull the Wilson Cell Booster antenna down and stow it on the roof and then put the kayaks up there on Monday right before we leave.  I don't expect to be on the road before 10am with all the last minute preparations and re-fueling the RV.  Our goal is to make it to Sullivan Missouri the first day and Miami Oklahoma the second.  I really only want to drive about 250 miles a day and I figure 5 hours a day is enough, we really don't want to be in a hurry. 

I really can't believe that the day of our departure is finally here.  We can't wait to get south and start our new life adventure.

1 comment:

  1. "On November1, 1835, David Crockett, along with three others, William Patton, Abner Burgin, and Lindsey K. Tinkle, left Memphis, Tennessee, to embark on a journey of reflection, adventure, and fortune hunting. Having recently lost his U.S. House of Representatives seat to Adam Huntsman, a one-legged Jacksonian, Crockett told his constituents, “Since you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.” Most certainly, he told this tale over and over, all the way to Texas, always to the delight of his audience.

    Crockett’s band wasn’t the only group of Tennesseans to think of Texas as their hope for fortune. It wasn’t uncommon to see G.T.T. painted on the doorways of cabins, a sign that the former residents had “Gone to Texas.”

    And so it begins.......

    Y'all be careful Bryan

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome as long as they are topical and aren't spam.