Friday, June 8, 2012

What not and other things.

One of the challenges about an older motor home is that, well, everything is older. Sometime during the night we lost 12volt.  Luckily there are only a few things that run off the 12 volt system, mostly lights.  I'm thinking that the converter blew a fuse and its not recharging the battery when on shore power. The fun part about this is when Nu Wa built this, they buried the converter with no easy way to get to it.  In the mean time I have attached a battery charger and I'm charging the coach battery that way.

In the course of writing this post I may have figured out the problem.  Some time ago we had a circuit breaker that went bad. While trouble shooting that problem I unplugged everything in the coach, it looks that I also managed to unplug the converter and never plugged it back in.  Which now has me thinking.  I think I would rather have a "computer" controlled battery charger re-charge the battery than have the converter possibly overcharge and cook the battery. After talking it over with Toie I think I will finish slow charging the battery and then remove it from the circuit and see if the converter will provide 12 volts without the battery in place. 

On a completely different note,  Our nephew has decided to bless us with two small pet turtles. From what I'm told they are painted turtles and they are so small.  I guess a quick run into the pet shop for turtle supplies and dog food is now on the agenda. We can really say we are moving like a herd of turtles now.

The Wilson Cell Booster and Cradle Point Router have been working out wonderfully.  I highly recommend them for anyone that lives the "lifestyle".

I am also in the progress (and progress is slow) of collecting owl calls so that I can put them into my fox-pro electronic game caller.  I have heard of people doing this about sundown and getting the owls to come in and even answer back!  I'll let you know what kind of luck I have soon.

Have A Great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome as long as they are topical and aren't spam.